Do you prefer being paper free?
Do you prefer to work online to free up that mountain of paperwork on your desk?
Then why not join the 16 million plus people and set up your Personal Tax Account online today.
The wheels are well and truly in motion now to Making Tax Digital a reality.
Since 2016 HMRC have set up resources for you to have access to your Personal Tax account online, very 21st Century. Plus, you won’t have to remember ‘that safe place’ you told yourself you wouldn’t forget (but constantly do) when it comes to searching for that important piece of paperwork.
Setting up with HMRC online can take 5 minutes to get you started and allows you to: –
- Manage your tax affairs online whenever you want
- Brings all your tax information together in one place
- Check and change your address
- See what tax code you’re on, and how your tax is calculated
- Check your state pension and your National Insurance record
- Go paperless – receive texts and emails instead of letters
- Manage your tax credits and Child Benefit payments
- Allow a family member or friend to manage your tax affairs on your behalf
- Track the progress of any forms you’ve submitted to them
This is just a small list of what is available. Take a look at all the things you can do with your personal tax account here.
HMRC are continually adding new items as Making Tax Digital progresses.
Personal Tax Account Set Up
To create a personal tax account, you can go to: Personal Tax Account – Set Up
HMRC’s high level timescale was summarised as follows:
“By 2016, every individual and small business will have access to their own secure digital tax account, like an online bank account, that enables them to interact with HMRC digitally. There’s much more that HMRC can do with today’s technology to make tax easier, transforming tax administration into a personalised service, tailored to the needs of each taxpayer.
By 2020, businesses and individual taxpayers will be able to register, file, pay and update their information at any time of the day or night, and at any point in the year, to suit them. For the vast majority, there will be no need to fill in an annual tax return.”
Taxpayers will be able to see the information that HMRC holds through their digital tax accounts and be able to check at any time that their details are correct. HMRC will use this information to tailor the service it provides, according to each taxpayer’s individual circumstances.
- Posted by EasyBooks
- On 10th October 2018
- 0 Comments